About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summertime Vocabulary

Solstitial is my new word of the day. 

I don't really quite know how to use it properly as an adjective in a sentence, though.   Maybe some of my more literate Gentle Readers could show me how to do that.   I shore would 'preciate it.

I think if I said solsitital out loud, the kids would respond "Bless you, Mom" and then they would get me a kleenex.

I could be wrong, though.  They might go around saying it, thinking it's a bad word.  Whispering it to their friends at camp..."Solstitial...heheh..pass it on."  Or "That guy is a solstitial whore-whittle."

3 comments:

Susan Ryder said...

Kayla has a solsitital birthday.

Kathleen said...

I have a solstitial hole in my booby, but it did not require solstitches.

ted tingley said...

Well! Such language.