About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Stay & Play, Walk & Talk

I almost went an entire week without blogging!  That's what happens during staycation.  Blogging brain also took the week off.  Now she's back, rested, and with some photos to show you.


Here is my beloved tree at Parklands, in full leafy glory.  The Mackinaw is lower than on my last walk there, but still not down to pre-flooding levels.  The spiderwort are starting to bloom, too:






Damsel flies are flitting around the woods then pausing for the paparazzi of the forest:





Gentle readers, if this inspires you to go for a walk soon at Parklands, please heed this warning:  Take Bug Repellant.  Nuff said.

Here is what I did the rest of the week:


And also I drove people places.  I did clean out two closets and took one big bag and one big box of stuff to Goodwill, as well.  Later today I'm hoping to tackle the downstairs desk-mountain-o-junk area and turn it back into a plain old desk.  Tomorrow the garage shelves.  And Tuesday:  Back To Work!


3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Ah, spiderwort! (I mentioned red grape spiderwort in my blog today, and read a poem about blue spiderwort yesterday, earlier in the program!)

Collagemama said...

Looks like a very successful staycation, and don't worry about the mountain-o-junk. It will wait!

I can't clean today. There is an orange spider in the cannas.

ron hardy said...

I say, take the bus and leave the driving to...Kim! I have never traveled so far in one place with one person.