About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, June 20, 2011

Love a Turkey?

Do you love a turkey?  If so this is a special month for you...June is Turkey Lovers Month.


 If you don't love a turkey then perhaps today will be a June day that interests you more...Ice Cream Soda Day!  Also it is the last day of Spring.  Summer Solstice is tomorrow.  Longest day and shortest night of the year in our northern hemisphere. 


Last night seemed pretty short as I could not get the boy to sleep (we were watching those turkeys the Cubs get beat by the evil Yankees) until late, and I was assisted into a waking state at 4:50 a.m. by Wolf barking to go out just before this morning's big rain started.  Just as I was about to fall back asleep, thunder and lightening and startled children entered into my sphere of awareness.  Lights flashing outside, thunder crashing outside, and the overhead light turned on with a young man's voice saying "Mom!  Come downstairs!" 



I went downstairs and there was already a crowd of 3 in my bed (kids and dog) and so I went back up into the Danger Zone and rested. 




If you love a turkey you need not admit to it, on my website or anywhere else.  Some things are best kept under your hat!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I would wear a turkey feather in my hat. Unless that is illegal.

ron hardy said...

I loved that wild turkey that sashayed down the Dunes trail. Gobble garble...