About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, June 6, 2011

Static Electricity

For some reason the concept of static electricity keeps presenting itself to me over and over and over lately.  Here is a fun sample of the effects of static electricity on breakfast food:


Collagemama's balloon exhibit pictures made my hair frizz just looking at them.  (Ok, my hair was already frizzy, it's June in Central Illinois.) 

On another note, this week is my first ever Stay-cation.  Susan said I should fess up and call it a Play-cation since the Player is here visiting this week as well.  I still intend to clean my closets but the operative word in the sentence is intend.  The road to hell is paved with good intentions, but in this case I hope the road to Goodwill's donation center is paved with mine.

This weekend I attended my first ever Civil Union ceremony!  Congratulations to Elizabeth and Caroline!  I loved seeing your smiling faces yesterday, you were both absolutely beaming and radiant!  Elizabeth's happy demeanor kind of reminded me of Rice Krispies under plexiglass. 

4 comments:

Susan Ryder said...

Happy Stay-Play-Cation! It's my Stay-Day-Off and I intend to clean my home office today. So far that has not happened. Maybe I'll go play with some rice krispies instead.

Code word: Slatio - kind of like slattlernly.

Kathleen said...

My cousin just posted a picture of her toddler daughter going down a plastic slide--yes, static electricity in hair!! It's everywhere!

Collagemama said...

I love the Rice Krispies dancing! Glad you have the Player visiting on your staycation. I've had the plumber and await the washing machine delivery dudes from Home Depot. Maybe today I'll attack the closets. Security word is terpoxit. That's definitely what's piled up in the closets.

Unknown said...

I think that rice krispies under plexiglass will be my new nickname for Elizabeth!! :) It was so nice to meet the player; have a great week!