About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, June 18, 2011

I Find an Old Friend

I have been the Intermittent Blogger lately.  Today I am the Better-Later-than-Not-At-All Blogger.  Here is why:

1.  I slept until 8:00 because J-dude was in my bed and wanted to snuggle.

2.  I got up at 8:00 and J-dude wanted to make my coffee.  That led to mess number one which involved coffee grounds spread over 1/3 of the kitchen and required a vacuum cleaner's help.

3.  Mess number two was J-dude wanted to help make the muffins for breakfast and he wanted to break the egg.  But he is allergic to the shells and so he had to put his hands in a plastic bag to touch the egg and that led to a tricky egg-breaking technique that was not successful.  No vacuum required this time, though.

4.  Sisi decided to make J-dude some toast and whenever she walks through any room we need the Molly Maids to come to our rescue.  Triple that when she cooks.  Sisi is so creative that even her messes are somehow a work of art in a class by themselves.

5.  I sent the kids upstairs and said I needed some time to blog.  Or else.  I would be in a bad mood.  That worked.

So here I am.  I have an old collection of Sylvia comics on the table in front of me.  I was looking for an example of her comics with the devil explaining how hell is not the same for everyone, but I couldn't find one.  Then I decided to Google Nicole Hollander to see what she is up to these days.  She has a blog!  It's called Bad Girl Chats.   Ha!  Her comics are more overtly political and pointed now, not as funny as in the past, but it's like a visit with an old friend  to see Sylvia in new strips. 




2 comments:

Susan Ryder said...

Thank goodness you are alright (relatively speaking, of course).

Collagemama said...

"Go upstairs now. Mommy needs to blog." I love it! Mommy's got a blog, and she's not afraid to use it.