About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, June 19, 2011

New and Improved Room Arranging

A thunderclap woke me up this morning. Now it's evolved into a full fledged thunderstorm with the biggest raindrops I've seen in some time. It's a beauty!


Happy Father's Day and Happy Sauntering Day. Sauntering will not be the preferred method of movement when people go from their cars to church today. Mad Wet Dash will be more like it. I will be sauntering into the kitchen soon to get more coffee, though. Unless a loud clap of thunder causes me to jump while I'm attempting to saunter. One skittish move and the whole effect of sauntering is ruined.

I gave my dad a rhubarb pie last weekend when he was here, as an early Father's Day gift. If he lived here in town I'd saunter on over and give him another one. Or dash madly from the car to his house as the weather dictated.

Yesterday Sisi decided it was time to rearrange the furniture in her room. She wanted to get rid of the bed frame and put her mattress on the floor, swap the location of the shelves and dresser, and make a few other changes. She drew up a floor plan to show me first. I agreed to help her as long as she also got rid of some of the clutter. She did and even went with me to Goodwill to drop off some toys and clothes and books! Her room looks great and she is very proud. I am very relieved.


Before:



After:


Pretty remarkable, eh!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh, my goodness! Very wonderful. Yay, Sierra! Makes me want to saunter over there and see that in person!

Kim said...

Saunter on in anytime Kathy!

Collagemama said...

Makes me want Sierra to saunter over and rearrange my mess!

ted tingley said...

Sauntering,dashing, rhubarb pie and a beautiful
room. The best of all worlds.