About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Flying High

Vexillology is the study of flags.  That is a new word I learned today from the Wacky Holiday Website.  Why is vexillology in the holiday website today?  Because it's Flag Day, of course!

Here is one of my favorite flags:

But that isn't the flag that Flag Day was created for.  No, it's for the Stars and Stripes that Betsy Ross sewed.  However, the Cubs did win yesterday, beating Milwaukee 1-0.  And J-dude pitched 3 shut-out innings last night under the lights at Fairview against the ...other team in blue shirts...and his team, the Carl's Ice Cream Creamers tied 6-6.  J-dude hit a double, walked, and struck out.  He also got a compliment from the coach about how nice he was to another kid on the team last Friday when the kid was struggling with his pitching.  That's even better than seeing the opposing team back up when he gets up to bat.  Lots better.

J-dude and I talked about the interview with Jason Terry yesterday.   My son said he wants to work hard and play for the Cubs for 10 years and take them to win the World Series for you, MOM, he said.  Then he said, but first I think I'll play for the Cleveland Indians 5 years.  For The Player.  Awww, J-dude!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Another chance to quote Junie B. Jones, my favorite beauty shop guy: "Wowee, wow, wow, wow!"

Notice all the W's!

Kim said...

Wexiwowogy!

ted tingley said...

Well I don't have any baseball stars at my house but I am flying four US flags and our neighbor is flying the rebels battle flag. Momtold them they weren't very patriotic.

Collagemama said...

You should fly a win flag as a mom when your son gets such a nice compliment.