About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Please, Mom?

These were the words I heard from Sisi this morning.  She was asking if she could have something she found in my closet.  On the shelf where I keep little treasures I find at garage sales and thrift stores for the kids.  I keep them there and then pull them out on the proverbial "rainy day" whether that day is rainy due to weather, boredom, or sadness. 

I guess she was bored enough to be snooping around in the high shelf of my closet.  She claimed, however, that she saw it "by accident while I was looking out the window."  And I, the mom, left the closet door open, after all, so in a way it was my fault

As usual.

So I gave her the little wooden sled that was meant to be a door-decoration (it says Welcome! on it) and now she has a sled for her stuffed skunks.

So here is what I have learned today:
1.  I should remember to close the closet door, or
2.  get a bag to put the treasures inside, or
3.  move the treasure trove to a new location.
4. Sisi is getting taller.
5.  Things are still mostly my fault.
6.  I really enjoyed the look on her face when she got the sled.

I can live with #5 as long as there is a #6 afterward!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

I connect with #5 and #6, too!

Yesterday I gave my bike away to son's unofficial girlfriend. Daughter was upset as she considered my bike to be her bike.

Note: We still have 4-5 bikes hanging upside down in the garage in various sizes and states of repair...

Susan Ryder said...

Four days with no blog, and you got nuttin' to say about your weekend in the undisclosed location? Not even a pic? Harrumph!

Kim said...

Susan,
Please. I didn't take my camera to the Undisclosed Location or you might figure out where we were. Then I'd have to...you know. It's for your own good.

Collagemama said...

"Sleds for stuffed skunks" is the highpoint visual of my day. Thanks.