About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fantastic Friday

The first highlight of Friday was that my kids, who had never previously been to a laundromat, were fascinated with the idea of watching our clothes wash in the front loader.  They sat in chairs in front of the machine and said things like Look!  There's my underwear!  Fortunately the laundromat was mostly empty except for us at the time.

After that we headed out of Holland and toward the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore.  We went to the beach in the state park here.  The water was completely calm and very warm.  It was like swimming in a giant bathtub and we stayed in the lake almost all afternoon.  I tried not to think about the water temperatures and the nearby power plants and steel mills that must use the lake as their private cooling tanks.

We had Cici's pizza for dinner which Sisi said was "perfect." 

The Player arrived late last night to spend the rest of the weekend with us here.  Rain is expected later this afternoon so we will probably hit the beach early.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Sounds like a lovely trip!

Collagemama said...

I always liked going to the laundromat on vacation. The boys' father would be on parent duty, and I would read. Other times, though, we had to wash underwear in the motel sink and hang it on the a/c to dry overnight. There's a family vacation snapshot for you!