About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Nothing But Trouble

I mentioned this phrase to one of my pastors last night, after our steering committee meeting, in reference to another Protestant denomination.  Who shall remain nameless.  Because we want something from them and we are going to get it OR if we don't then I don't want my uncouth behavior and mouthiness to be the reason.


Perhaps I am what is nothing but trouble, after all.



I love a good hard-boiled detective story, don't you?

I meet weekly, usually, with 2 of my coworkers.  One of them is "the boss" and the other one and I are her minions.  We are her hatchet-women, her go-to gals, her gal Fridays.  Today the boss was in a meeting, but we minions met with a new employee and I watched my coworker, who is normally pretty laid back, turn into "bad cop" while letting me be "good cop."  It was kind of funny.  Poor new employee probably thinks we are nothing but trouble.  He just needs to buckle down and get his work done right. the. first. time.  She made that pretty durned clear. 

Later she said she was happy how he answered her questions.  I guess she means "he didn't wet his pants."

I can be trouble too.  You can ask several people including but not limited to:

my parents
my siblings
my friends
the player
jesus - but he forgives me.  Thank God.

Ok Gentle Readers, that's enough confession for one day.  Hasta la vista!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I have a friend who wrote a play called Trouble is Eating My Pants.

I just thought you'd like to know that.

Collagemama said...

Hope that illustration isn't from the undisclosed location.