About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, August 6, 2011

When Sisi Runs the B&B

Here were the sleeping accomodations last night.

 We started out with the rain fly over the tent.  But it was too durned hot and not even raining a bit, just cloudy, so I took it off.    Hoping that by doing so I would tempt fate enough and we would get some rain.  We did not get any rain.  Just cooler breezes in the tent, which were very very welcome indeed.

The kids wanted to dash in and out of the house, procuring food, drinks, trouble of various kinds.  I put an end to that after the 3rd trip between tent and kitchen.  Whew!  They finally fell asleep after it got good and dark, and then the Wolfster started his trips in and out of the tent, to the yard, to the kitchen for a drink of water, to the yard, into the tent.  By morning when the kids woke up he was not in the tent but I could not remember where he'd gone last.  Turns out he was happily asleep in the grass. 

The unhappiest camper of all turned out to be a neighborhood squirrel who did not like waking up to find a tent, 3 people, and a dog out in the yard at 5:30 a.m.  He made his feelings known until we finally got up and came in the house for breakfast at 6:00. 

Here is one of the breakfast plates that Sisi will serve when she runs a B&B.  I call it Fruit Plate with Scary Pickles on the Side:


Don't order this unless you like dill pickle juice sprinkled on your raspberries.

2 comments:

ron hardy said...

It reminds me of a,a, gaelic? cross. can't think of the word. I will now do kevin bacon and oh oh it's celtic. Anyway pickles and bananas sound good at Hi! Sierra's Bed and Breakfast.

Collagemama said...

I like pickles for breakfast better than camping. Great family time for you! Thanks.