About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Seniors

On August 19th, 1988 then-President Ronald Reagan proclaimed August 21st to be Senior Citizen's Day.  He (or someone who worked for him) wrote:

"For all they have achieved throughout life and for all they continue to accomplish, we owe older citizens our thanks and a heartfelt salute. We can best demonstrate our gratitude and esteem by making sure that our communities are good places in which to mature and grow older."

While this is certainly true, he was 77 at the time he proclaimed this, yet seems to have not noticed that he, too, was ... over 65.

Well, more power to those of us (all my Gentle Readers I am sure) who feel younger than our years.  And thank you Mom and Dad.   Love ya!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Yay for seniors, and almost-seniors, and seniors-in-denial.

ted tingley said...

Welcome to the club all seniors to be. Thank you Kim.