About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Stormy Saturday and Sayanora Sunday

The beautiful weather held out until about 2 pm Saturday, after which Mama Nature rained, stormed and flirted with flooding.  The kids refused to leave the hotel room after we had returned from another delightful day at the beach.  I called in an order then drove  to Applebees in nearby Chesterton and took advantage of the Curbside Service in the rain.  Nice for me.  Cruddy for Jennifer working the curb in the storm.

While I went gathering food, The Player stayed behind with J-dude and Sisi for more trial by fire as kids will do and do well.  He's raised 3 already so there were no difficulties there and no worries, mate.  Negotiations were not delayed by this display of sibling rivalry.  I think everyone was happy with the result, as in
1. the food was good.
2.  the kids got to act out,
3.  I got away for 15 minutes of solitude, and
4.  The Player was not packed to leave upon my return.

Sunday morning more rain but not storms, so I asked the kids if they wanted to go to the Dunes and climb and run and frolic, but not swim.  No. No. No. 

Reasons were:
1.  Tired of the smell of lake water.
2.  What?
3.  Mom!  I said, tired of the smell of lake water.
4.  Mom! Let's go roller skating instead.
5.  On Sunday morning?  I doubt it.
6.  Et cetera.

So we hung out, someone sat in the hot tub in the pool area (hint:  not me or the kids) and then we went out to lunch.  Ok, the kids did not actually eat lunch at The Red Cup Deli and Cafe but they sat at a table with high spinning chairs and played a game which involved spinning a stool around and then depending on where the torn part of the stool seat landed one of them got to answer an embarrassing question the other one posed.  Loudly enough for me to get the gist of the conversation but not loud enough for me to score any details.  Which is actually just fine.

The Player and I sat nearby and ate an egg salad sandwich and soup (The Player) OR a hummus and veggie sandwich (Yours Truly, Of Course!!!).  The kids said this was the best place we ever took them.  Spinning barstools are the Grand Prize Winners of Sayanora Sunday.

Apparently.

Later I drove through McDonalds and actually fed them.

We said Adios, oops I mean Sayanora,  to The Player and headed back to Normal...

And here we are,  happily home (except we miss The Player) and reunited with Wolf.  

3 comments:

Collagemama said...

What a great vacation! A laundromat AND a spinning bar stool. Too cool.

Kathleen said...

My head is spinning with shared delight!

Code word: "idnetto" (rough translation: attempting to say "I do not know" while wearing a hairnet, applies mainly to "mystery meat")

Collagemama said...

Are you the new Cubs GM?