About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, August 8, 2011

Octopi Parts

Overhearing my little ones playing a rough-housing kind of game the other day, one of them said "Ow!  I got hit in the tentacles!"

I asked, knowing full well what the answer was going to be, "What?  Your tentacles?  Where are those?"

He answered by pointing.

I corrected his vocabulary.  I probably should not have done that because

1.  Now he uses the correct word at every possible opportunity.
2.  Sisi got freaked about about the idea of octopi and squids. 


7 comments:

Kathleen said...

Meanwhile, I was having a French Toast Fantasy.

Susan Ryder said...

You could just teach him to say balls. Testicles only means one thing - but balls have so many possibilities! And none have anything to do with tentacles!

Connie Lou said...

I cannot stop laughing!

ted tingley said...

There's tentacles and then there's bee wees.

Collagemama said...

That's the second time today a carbonated beverage shot out my nose!

Kim said...

Collagemama - first time?

Connie Lou said...

BEE WEES! I needed this laugh today!