About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, August 5, 2011

Work Before Play

Today is Work Like a Dog day.  Wow, I guess I have to sit, lie down, eat treats, nap, and pee all around the neighborhood.  Or maybe this is one I just won't celebrate.

I am planning to sleep out in the back yard with the kids tonight in our tent.  It's been too hot most of the summer, but it has been cooler at night this week so we are going to try.  It might rain, but we have a rainfly for the tent, and also we could use a little rain so if our camping trip gets soggy, we will just come back in the house and be grateful for the water.

Right now Wolf is working on perfecting his curled up sleeping position and his snore. 

This is my last day of work before vacation next week.  I will not be working at all, then ...not like a dog, not in a tree, not with a mouse, not in a house, not in the rain, not on  a train.  I will not be eating eggs of any funny colors (unless they are served at the hotel breakfast) or seeing patients or answering phone calls from coworkers or running from SamIAm.  I will be busy perfecting the art of reading at the beach and getting brown as a berry. 

4 comments:

ted tingley said...

Mom ask why you were using a tent to camp out.
Probably because of you wimpy wolf.

Kathleen said...

It all sounds wonderful!

Susan Ryder said...

Sunscreen!

Collagemama said...

Envious, especially the part about "might rain".