About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, August 12, 2011

Wicked Wednesday and Thankfully Calmer Thursday

Referring here to the swimming conditions at Holland State Park beach.  Wednesday was Red Flag Day.  Rough waves.  Helicopters flying over the beach looking for 2 missing swimmers from the previous week's Wicked Wednesday in which swimmers were apparently dashed into the rocks of the pier here.


This Wednesday was not as bad and the kids went in, but up to knees only with Mom hovering close at hand.

Thursday's water was calmer but cold, cold, too cold to swim comfortably.  Late in the afternoon Sisi took the plunge anyway and J-dude and I played football in ankle-deep, then knee-deep water.  J-dude eventually fell in the shallower water over, over, and over intentionally.

Later on both days, before dinner but after showers to warm up and de-sand-ify ourselves, the kids talked me into taking them to Crazy Bounce.  This is a great place for kids, a warehouse full of bounce houses and slides.  The kids ran like crazy for an hour, wearing themselves out further than 5 hours of sun and sand and waves had managed. 



Look out for the giant alligators and sharks! 




 

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I love the name Crazy Bounce and hope it will never be applied to me.