About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Terrific Tuesday

Yesterday, travel day and hotel check-in day and late lunch at my kids favorite restaurant Buffalo Wild Wings day, was a wonderful day.  My kids, who are usually trying to achieve the highest possible standard of sibling-rivalry behavior, were on vacation from quarreling as well.  Sweet relief! 

We did a little touristy shopping at the Dutch Village near our hotel:




We drove to the beach at Tunnel Park last night to 'walk on the sand and watch the sun go down' which meant that we didn't take swimsuits with us and so the kids, of course, had to swim in their clothes.  They jumped and swam and played and dove into the waves with complete and total joy for quite a while. 


 J-dude signaled time to get out of the cool lake water when I heard him tell Sisi "I'm so cold I can't feel my feet!"   Somehow he managed to climb up and down the dunes a couple times in spite of that.

Today the high temp is supposed to be 76 degrees.  That means it is too cool to swim this morning!  Somehow, after the summer we've had, that doesn't bother me one bit.


3 comments:

Susan Ryder said...

That second picture is stunning and must be printed and framed! Have fun - I'm sure you will.

Is the Player joining you?

ron hardy said...

God willing and the British riots end. I agree Susan. That photo looks like a painting. Beautiful shot Kim.

Collagemama said...

So refreshing. Thanks for the uncola.