About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, August 26, 2011

Titans and Dogs and Bears, Oh My!

I told my boss I wanted more hours at work once school started.  Once again, the Universe says, Be Careful What You Ask For.

The kids are off to a good start to the school year.  They are enjoying the newness of it all.  Homework is getting done either 1.  at the afterschool program, or 2.  quickly upon arriving home in the evening.  Spelling words are already 99% known before studying starts because it's review from last year.   Old friends are found, new friends are made.  The weather has been superb, warm sunny days great for playground play, and cool evenings great for sleeping.

This weekend we are off to Tennessee.  Jdude is going to the Titans-Bears football game with his grandma and cousin Bdude.  Sisi and her grandad and I are going to hang out together. If the game is on TV we will probably watch it, too.   Jdude's grandma is one brave woman taking the 2 little guys alone to the game.  I hope he appreciates that.

It's National Dog Day!  Happy dog days of summer!

3 comments:

ron hardy said...

I think grandma is going to have the best time. Uh-huh.

Kathleen said...

Wolf and I plan to have a good time, too. Can I take him to the Sweet Corn Blues Festival?

Kim said...

Mr Hardy - you are probably right! Kathy - only if you want to apologize for wolf's peeing on everyone and everything.