About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Back to School

School started this week.  The school district has started a "move in" night before classes start.  Very smart idea so the first day isn't spent in chaotic putting away of markers and rulers.  This year J-Dude needs a compass and protractor.  He has 3 different teachers for math, science, and social studies.  Transition to Junior High is on the way.  Band is available and this morning he and I will be spending time at Normal Community High School learning more about that and the instruments he thinks he might like to try.

Sisi has a nice teacher who looks like she is about 14 but this is at least her third year of teaching, so I guess Mrs. W. must be at least 17.  How is it that as my kids get older the teachers get younger?  Oh, that's right...I am getting older, too. 

Off to learn about saxophones and trombones...

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

We had a saxophone episode in 4th grade.

Kim said...

Looks like we are having one, too.