About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, September 30, 2011

Yellow Alert

This morning Sisi came out of the upstairs room we use as a guest room/TV room and declared "Some Guys have taken over All the TV Stations!!"  Fearing terrorist (or Tea Party) attack on the media, I dashed upstairs.  As it turns out, she just couldn't get the channel changer to work quite right and needed help to get to the PBS station she watches in the morning.

Whew, glad I was able to return us to a normal state of viewing Martha Speaks.

Which, by the way, is a great kids cartoon about a talking dog.  Martha, the dog, eats alphabet soup and it goes to her brain and she is able to talk.  In English.  Except once when she is kidnapped by a bad guy who gives her Polish Alphabet soup and then she speaks Polish. 

The boy has begun the phase of childhood now known as "I'm Reading Harry Potter."  He says he is addicted.  True?  Or just an excuse to try to stay up later at night.  Who knows.  Still, any phase that begins "I'm Reading..." is probably a good one.  Is it true there are seven long books?  Momma like.

I am reading The Geography of Bliss for my next book group.  I am only through the first couple of chapters, but every time I read one of these "I was a journalist and then I decided to write books so I got someone to pay me to travel around the world so I could write a book..."  I want to bang my head against a wall and scream "Why Didn't I Become a Journalist???"

So far I have not really ever done that.  I might bang the book against the wall, or my head, or whisper the words in an irritated voice..oh, wait, I love my job.  Never mind.  In fact, I really love my job.  And I do get paid to travel.  Yes, I travel to Pontiac and Lincoln and Hopedale and Farmer City.  The Paris and Milan of Illinois, for sure.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I know! He says he's a man with time on his hands. And money in his pocket, it appears.

Collagemama said...

I may need to turn on "Martha Speaks" in the mornings to add to my dog art theme. What does alphabet soup look like in other alphabets? Something to ponder...