About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Confucius Say

It's Confucius Day, September 29th.   Every year on the same day, there is a chance to honor the Chinese philosopher who really did, apparently, according to Wikipedia, say Do not treat others in a way you would not like to be treated yourself.   I call that the double negative golden rule.  It would be bad not to follow that advice.

The current day legacy of Confucius is, of course, the Confucius Say jokes.  Here is one:

Confucius say:  Man who live in glass house should change clothes in the basement.

And so on.  I think we are done now with Mr. Confucius.

On to the next topic today, baseball.  The regular season ended yesterday.  The playoffs start Friday.  I won't be watching them because they are on TBS which is not on my basic cable plan.  I actually considered adding to my plan so I could watch the playoffs, but the only team I care about is "whoever is playing the damn Yankees"...yes, I will be rooting for the Detroit Tigers this next week. 

Of course if I did get expanded cable then I could watch even more sporting events on a regular basis.  I suppose I should stop by the Comcast office and see how much that would cost.  Confucius say,  Money can't buy happiness but it can get you TBS and ESPN and every Cubs game next year.

Oh, yes, next year...

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

You think I could get Tony to watch the musical Damn Yankees with me if we got cable?

Collagemama said...

Ah so your internet service is not linked to your cable?