About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall is Officially Here

 Finally the beginning of my faaaavorite season!  Last year I blogged about fall. This year I blog about fall.  Next year I will blog about fall.  There I conjugated To Blog About Fall....my new favorite verb.

I don't have any wonderful fall photos to post.  Yet.  But driving home from Ohio I saw the beginnings of color in the trees along the roads that were not just yellow-brown leaves from too little rain.  It did my heart good to see a few orange-red-yellow combinations as I zoomed by at seventy.  Wishing I had time to stop and look a little more.  Here at home not much is changing yet, but I know that it won't be long.

Every year I hope for a long fall with cool nights and sunny days.  The kids reminded me that we can start using the firepit now that the nights aren't too derned hot, to roast weenies and marshmallows.

Speaking of weenies, on the way home from Ohio I got off the interstate in some little town just the far side of the Indiana border and had lunch at a place called Dreamy Weenie.  I kid you not!  If you doubt me, well you can check them out on Facebook!  Ha!



I don't check places out on Facebook myself, but since I heard the Egyptian Army is using Facebook to communicate with the populace of that country, I am rethinking that.  Where else can you get updates about a revolution and look for a restaurant in Ohio called Dreamy Weenie?

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

I am glad to know of Dreamy Weenie. Happy Fall!

ted tingley said...

I wonder if they use the same slogan that the captain on board our ship used for the officer in charge of meals? "chester's Weiner Emporium-
Our motto is YOU CAN'T BEAT MY MEAT."

Collagemama said...

Speaking of which, every nightly newshour while I help Dad with his supper, we have to endure that dreadful TUMS corndog commercial. May you blog about many more falls.

ron hardy said...

Now I know from whence your sense of humor comes, Kim.