About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Bleacher Bums

First, and most important, of course, the Cubs won.  They won 4-3 in 8 1/2 innings.  Matt Garza pitched 7 2/3 innings.  Russell finished the 8th inning handily, and Carlos Marmol, as a special favor to me, got throught the top of the 9th 1-2-3 and that was it.  We got to stand up and dance and sing "Go Cubs, Go" since they actually really and truly won the game. 



We also got to sing Take Me Out to the Ballgame, and we got to dance to YMCA. 

There was a brief humorous attempt by the right field bums to start the wave.  The left field bums held up their sign that says "No Wave at Wrigley."  There was some "left field s*%#s" and "right field s*%#s" chanting.  We refrained from vulgarity since we were seated smack dab in the center field bleachers.

The Cubs had 8 hits and the Reds had 5.  Garza struck out 8 batters, gave up 2 walks, and only 1 of the Reds runs was earned.  How do I know all this?  Because J-dude and I kept a scorecard:



See, there it is in my hands, and J-dude is biting his nails like a true Cubs fan. Here's our mostly complete and very very messy scorecard:



We loved the Bleachers.  Sisi made a mailbox out of the cardboard container that held her hot-dog. 


So the $7.50 included not only a foot-long hot dog for 2 kids to share, but also art supplies.  Thank goodness, otherwise I'd have thought we were getting ripped off.




Nope, as it turns out the Mastercard commercials are right.  Taking your honey and your kids to the ballgame:  Priceless. 

2 comments:

Collagemama said...

Thanks for sharing the fun!

Collagemama said...

What has become of you? Is everybody OK? I need you to sketch the fish!