About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, September 1, 2011

One Ringy Dingy

According to the Wacky Holiday Website it is Emma M. Nutt Day...celebrating the life of the first female telephone operator!  Supposedly Emma had a sense of humor and used to tell people she was glad her first name was not Imma...

Well, here's a little youtube video of another funny operator we all know and love.

I love women who snort when they laugh, maybe Lily is the reason why!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

[snort]

Collagemama said...

I love Ernestine! My grandma was a telephone operator on the night shift.

ted tingley said...

I was an operator during a strike. When someone would call in I would say, "The girl with the smile is gone for a while. The man with the balls will answer your calls.

Kim said...

DAD! You did NOT!