About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Appreciation

Today is Elephant Appreciation Day!  Thank you elephants for all you have done for me!  I so appreciate it.  I just can't remember what it is. 

Elephants apparently like to eat pumpkins whole.  You can find videos of them doing that on you-tube.  Yawn.

In more exciting news I discovered that McLean County has a roller derby team.  They are called The Miss Fits.  This Saturday they are skating in a tournament at the Coliseum in downtown Bloomington against teams from Peoria and Decatur.  Every time they have a bout or tournament the money goes to a specific charity, and this week it's going to Habitat for Humanity.  Now there is something to appreciate!

My book group met last night on Susan and Bob's deck.  I appreciated the conversation, the food, the wine, and the weather.  I appreciate my book group more than I appreciate elephants.  Perhaps in the middle of Hummus Month (whenever it gets established, ahem) I will place Book Group Appreciation Week.  Perhaps I should just start my own danged calendar website.  2012...The Year of The Garbanzo!

Perhaps I could work Chick Pea or Garbanzo into my roller-derby-girl name.  I would certainly appreciate any suggestions in that regard.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

OMG, The Miss Fits is a great name!

So is Chick Pea!

I hope you will try out for the team!

Connie Lou said...

Nashville's team is just the "Nashville Rollergirls", but they have some cool player names. After vieiwng their team pictures, I don't think I want to be a roller girl - these girls look REALLY tough!
http://www.nashvillerollergirls.com/teams.php
I think my name would be "Chicken Little". ;)

Collagemama said...

Do you and your kids know the book "Weslandia" by Paul Fleischman. If not, you need to become acquainted ASAP. Why stop at creating a Hummus Month when you could found an entire hummus-based civilization? Also, your roller derby team could be the Normal Hormonals.