About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Who'd A Thunk It?

Seems like just a few months ago that I was hearing a lot of complaining about how long and miserable the winter was here in Central Illinois?  Hmmmm.

Ok, I am back in action computer-wise, sort of.  I have internet access and I have photos from the family shindig.  (Is that a real word?  I will check the big red word-bible in a moment.)


Here is my White Elephant gift.  It is a fabulous Fanny!  A big blue soft fuzzy glove that dusts without chemicals.  I love my new chemical-free Fanny!  I took it away from my nephew Sam who is 15 and actually wanted it.  I believe he ended up with the Kiss Me I'm Irish baseball cap after some post-white-elephant-gift-exchange trading.  So mostly everyone was happy.


Connie and Tammy have not changed much in 25 years, have they...silly girls. 



Sista Jill and Brotha Mark enjoying the Cook resort. 





The Player joined us for the weekend and amazingly did not seem to be frightened of my extended family.  

The most amazing thing of all, though, is that Connie is actually answering the phone when I call this week.  I figured I'd be cut off....after a year or so ago saying, "hey's lets have a big family birthday party" and then when she said "ok how about my house" and then I said, "sure, I'll help you" and she didn't see my fingers crossed behind my back.  Connie and Jim did an amazing amazing amazing job of hosting us and feeding us and I am so so grateful.  Thanks especially to them and to everyone who came to the party. 

More pictures of the shindig (yup it's a real word!) to follow in another edition!

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

So glad the Player played with you all! I had seen Connie's screwed up face on Facebook! I want your Fabulous Fanny, too!

Susan Ryder said...

Great picture of you and the Player! Happy new computing, or laptopping, or whatever.

Connie Lou said...

I will always answer the phone when you call. In fact, I answered it 2 times a few minutes ago when you "butt dialed" me. ;)

ron hardy said...

Great time with the Clan of the Tingley Bear and other assorted relatives at Connie and Jim's tropical paradise. I saw wild parrots in the trees. And nothing can beat a blue chemical-free Fanny.

Kim said...

I texted Connie later and told her it was Fanny calling...