About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Take Your Pants for A Walk Day

Seriously, the Bizarre Holiday Website has lost it's cotton-pickin' mind now.  Take your pants for a walk?  Puh-leez!

How about Wash Your Hands Day, or Don't Forget to Breathe Day! 

And still, no holiday celebrating the joys of hummus.  Still waiting for October to be declared National...no International...no, wait, Universal Hummus Month.  Yes, that sounds right. 

I suppose that Congress is too busy texting photos of themselves celebrating Take Your Pants Off Day...no, wait, Take Your Pants for a Walk Day...I mean, doing the business of getting re-elected...or, rather they are busy, um, solving the problems of the economy, wars, global warming, and so on to declare any new holidays.  Those busy busy folks, elected by the people for the people to forget the people.  Oh dear, I seem to be forgetting something.  Dear Lord, I'm not wearing any pants. 

Perhaps I should run for office!

5 comments:

ted tingley said...

The curse of the elected in Washington DC. I just sold all my stock.

Susan Ryder said...

So you are the reason for the stock market tumble today.

Collagemama said...

If you were a preschooler, your mommy would drive back home to bring you the panties you forgot to don. And, speaking of Don, hoping for some rain from a tropical storm....Remember those leashes for invisible dogs that were sold at circuses and fairs? Could we use those for our pants walk?

Kim said...

Isn't there a Dr Suess book with pants walking by themselves through the woods at night?

Kathleen said...

Yes. It used to scare the pants off me.