About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Questions? Comments? Complaints?

Sometimes I say that in my work life...to my patients if I think they have any.  To my trainees, coworkers, to my computer or the universe at large.  Most responses are "not right now but I may think of some later."

You can call me, I say.  Here is the phone number.  For my patients that's a number that leads to a phone answering system that may get them to 1. a scheduler, 2. a secretary, 3. a phone triage nurse, or 4. someone who will connect them to my phone or send me a message to contact them. 

Most of my patients do not call because if they have a question about their exercises then they see "not calling but waiting until someone shows up on their doorstep" as a legitimate reason not to do their exercises. 

I agree.  Which makes me a mediocre therapist but an empathetic one.

I don't much like exercising either.  Unless it's a walk in the woods, as you, Gentle Readers, well know.

OK - that covers questions.

Comments - I can't comment on Kathleen's blog.

Complaints - I can't comment OR read other people's comments on Kathleen's blog.

Dag nab it!

8 comments:

Kim said...

O fer gosh sakes I can comment (or complain) on my OWN blog!

Kathleen said...

I don't know why!!!

Kathleen said...

But I see that my picture does not show up on your blog anymore....Hmmm.

ron hardy said...

What is that little lit cigarette next to your name. Are you taking a smoke break outside with Kathleen?

Kathleen said...

I am using the reply function to reply to my own comment. How does it appear to you?

Kathleen said...

I don't see myself lit, buddy.

Kathleen said...

Ooohhhh...you were talking to Kim, about her pencil!

Collagemama said...

You should have been my dad's physical therapist. At least his laugh muscles would be well toned.