About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Followed by First Cold Snowy Days

After Wednesday's 50+ temperature miracle (for January in Central Illinois that is) winter arrived in full bloom.  Saturday morning this was the scene in my backyard:


That's Sisi wearing my cross country skis and J-dude playing around with the snow shovel.  I am happy to report that this week my drive and sidewalk were cleared of snow and I did not have to raise a finger to help.  Thank you to The Player and J-dude!!!

Later in the day The Player and I returned to Matthiesen State Park and here is what it looks like under a blanket of white.



Love is still in the air at the park, though, see for yourself (just imagine this upside down, too.)


We walked until dusk then drove off happily into the sunset. 


Today the plan is to skip church (gasp!) and go sledding over at Ewing Park, then watch football all afternoon.  Happy Sunny Sunday!




3 comments:

TNTINGLEY said...

That's some park. Good pic's too.

Kathleen said...

Happy Sunday. I did not see you at church!

Collagemama said...

I love these park photos!