About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Little Peeps are Back!

My little peeps arrived home safely and not just on time, but 9 minutes early from their last flight of their very long travel day.  I felt calm until I saw them get off the plane (at our small airport where they actually debark via a portable stairway, not unlike the President.)

Sisi saw me waving and started running toward the terminal.  She didn't stop until she got through to the waiting area inside.  I was not crying, but I don't know how that is possible with the bubbling vat of emotion inside me.  J-dude was a little more reserved but did give me a big ole hug in public.  Cherishing that moment as I expect it to be a while before the next one! 

Once home Sisi did complain slightly about the rearrangement of her room and not being able to find the exact toy she wanted in less than 3.2 seconds.  I believe she forgot that it used to be impossible to find anything in her room.  She was good natured about it and happy to be home.  She finished reading "The Strange Case of Origami Yoda" on her trip and was delighted to find I had ordered "The Revenge of Darth Paper" for her to read as she fell asleep in her own bed last night.

J-dude was also happy to be home.  He said the best thing was "being able to drink water out of the tap again!"  He was surprised and delighted that he got a new nice mattress on his bed while he was gone, and promptly fell asleep on it where he remains 12 hours later. 

I can't stop smiling!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

You made me smile, too! And cry.

TNTINGLEY said...

Smiles and a tear or two, too. Glad they are home safe and sound.

Collagemama said...

Love this, and thanks for telling me about Origami Yoda.

Collagemama said...

Sat around under blankies this morning and read "Darth Paper Strikes Back". Feel like I'm in junior high again. Thanks for leading me to Origami Yoda!