About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Evergreen Turns Brown

The Player and I took at walk out at Lake Evergreen on New Years' Eve afternoon.  The prarie grasses and seed pods were dried,various shades brown, and beautiful with the promise of next spring's green.  I wandered with my camera trying to catch the nuances of color.  Some of the photos succeeded in my mission.  Others fell short, the colors somewhat flatter than I saw them in the slanted afternoon light. 







We rested in a pine grove where the fallen needles made an orange bed.




I wish everyone a happy and healthy 2012!


3 comments:

Collagemama said...

May you two keep hiking in 2012!

TNTINGLEY said...

Great pictures. Love the new background too.

Happy New Year to you also.

Kathleen said...

Lovely! I see tulip poplar cups! Happy New Year!