About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, June 8, 2012

Vacation Time


This has been a wonderful week off work.  Last Saturday The Player and I went to the Indiana Dunes to a wonderful Bed and Breakfast.  We went for a couple walks on the beach, but no swimming in Lake Michigan yet.  Even though the water is about 16 degrees warmer than this time last year, it's still too cold for me to do more than wade in up to my ankles.  We had some good Mediterranean food at a place in Michigan City that brings red pepper hummus and pita bread to your table while you are looking at the menu.  You can imagine my delight!!!  The breakfasts at the B&B were fabulous...delicious and generous. 


See don't we look full! 

On the way to Indiana we drove by these "wild horses" on Route 24 between Chenoa and Fairbury:


Yesterday we took the kids to St. Louis to the City Museum.  That is one wildly imaginitive place.  Everywhere I looked there are mosaics on the walls, the floors, the support posts.  There are the creepy enchanted caves. The outdoor section is about 3 stories tall, full of welded crawling tunnels and walkways.   There is a skateless skate park where kids can run up and down the boards.  There is a big ball pit with a basketball hoop about 15 feet high:


There are slides everywhere. Some are very long and I found that when you wear nylon shorts you can go very VERY fast. Then you can bump your head at the bottom and also skin both elbows. But that didn't stop me from doing that slide multiple times.



In the afternoon there was a performance by Joe the Juggler.  This guy was a juggler and a comedian.  He had a lot of kids come down out of the audience for some of his tricks.  For one of the tricks he picked Sisi to "come on down." 



Yes, yes, she is wearing her "lucky sweatshirt" around her waist. 





After he put the towel on his shoulder and the shower cap on his head (???)  he explained that Sisi need to assume the Sumo Wrestler pose!

Then he proceeded to pick her up on his shoulders, balance on the board over a PVC pipe, and juggle the three pins.  Holy moley!  At one point he said what I whispered to The Player when I saw what he planned to do "Sisi is heavier than she looks!"



She enjoyed being one of the stars of the show, that's for sure!