About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Nose to the Grindstone Again

That's right, back at work after 10 days of beautiful weather, fun short trips and lots of relaxing, reading, and naps. 

Today I went in early, and good thing because I was in charge of running a meeting that started at 8:30 and I didn't know it.  But my boss had everything ready for me and it went fine.  Plus it was a working meeting which meant that I didn't feel like taking nap until AFTER it was over (as opposed to having to prop my eyelids open during the meeting.)

So now it's afternoon and I am mostly done with my work day, waiting for the little people to be brought home from day camp where they will have played and swum all day.  Like little pollywogs.  Or something like that.

J-dude pitched 4 innings in his baseball game last night, but I didn't get to the park until the game was just finishing up because I took Sisi to her swimming lessons. I forgot how much of summer is driving around town for parents with kids in the backseat.  We are far from an overscheduled family and yet...3 adults with 3 vehicles still seem to be busy driving 2 little people around town most of June July and August.

J-dude starts Junior High this fall and he actually said the other day "only 2 months until I get to start school at Kingsley."  That was weird, in a good way.  I think he's mostly excited about the improved school lunch situation, though.

I think this will also be the summer that J-dude reads without being goaded into it.  He is into The Hunger Games series now, and it is also his trick to stay up late, reading in bed at night.  I can live with that.  Sisi is still trying to avoid reading much of the time, working instead on tinkling the ivories (or the plastics in the case of our computerized electronic fancy schmancy keyboard) and making bows and arrows out of sticks.  If she ends up knowing how to play a song or two by the end of the summer and has read at least 1 or 2 books, I'll consider it a success.

I don't have any more vacation time until the second week in August, by which time my nose ought to be plenty sharp again!


2 comments:

Collagemama said...

You have me in a nostalgic mood, missing the sweaty jumble of small sons in the backseat, Rangers baseball on the radio, and the scent of lime Gatorade.

Kathleen said...

I love "fancy schmancy." Yay for the kids. Yay for running the meeting instead of napping during it. No one napped, right? Because you were scintillating schmintillating! (Which is also an organic ice cream flavor.)