About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, October 3, 2011

Laying Low

Here are some ways I know it is fall in Central Illinois:

1.  There is frost on the grass in the mornings.
2.  Windows open at night means not wanting to get out from under the covers in the morning.
3.  There may be nightly fires in the firepit!
4.  My neighbor's pear trees get serious about shedding their fruit, and some of them end up in my yard.
5.  The trees turn into mother nature's palette.
6.  My birthday approaches.
7.  Last but not least, it's time for the Evergreen Cemetery Discovery Walk.

This year I took both kids to the Walk.  The theme this year is "Commemorating the 150th Anniversary of the Civil War."  While this is only the 3rd walk I have attended, I would say it was very much my favorite.  The actors were all so very good.  The scripts were wonderful, too.  Our tour guide had a sense of humor.  AND, Colonel John McNulta taught my kids how to avoid enemy fire:'


Don't do THIS, he said.  Instead, do this:


Good advice.  I hope they never need it, though.




1 comment:

Kathleen said...

How good of them to be dressed in blue!