About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, October 17, 2011

If I Won the Lottery

Yesterday was Dictionary Day according to the bizarre holiday website!  I love that there is a dictionary day.  It falls on Noah Webster's birthday, appropriately.  I love my big red dictionary but if I won the lottey I might buy a copy of the OED.  The 20-volume set is only $995 (plus shipping and handling).  I wouldn't actually need to win the lottery to purchase it, but I would need to win the lottery to build a big library with built-in shelves and a fireplace in which to house the books.  And I would have to be able to quit my job because I would just want to sit by the fireplace all winter drinking something warm and reading from the OED.  I would call up my working friends and annoy them with definitions of obscure words while they are trying to write a sermon or perform a play or send someone an important email or fix something broken. 

So maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.  Now that I have a plan for the money.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Buy one for me, too. (I will give you wine.)

[code word: brolli. That's broccoli's nickname, bro.]

Collagemama said...

This sounds like an excellent lifestyle. Does the OED have illustrations? That's one of my favorite things about my big red dictionary.

Anonymous said...

Try some Aussie lotto. I've been playing Monday lotto and was once times lucky to win about $650. But mostly that was $10-30 just enough to cover ticket expense. Check Australian lotto results here and Good luck.