About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, January 21, 2013

How Cold Is It?

It is so cold that when a little grease fire started up in one of the burner plates of the stove this morning, The Player and I just stood there warming our fingers over it instead of putting it out. (I did reach up and turn the fan on and made sure it was a self-limiting little conflagration.)

That's cold.

In other news the kids took a Babysitting Safety Class today at the Center for Healthy Lifestyles at St Joseph's hospital.  They loved the class, and now they have "Certificates of Excellence" and are full of new information like a.  how to reduce pain after a bee sting and b. never feed an infant popcorn!

Now they just need some toddlers to practice on!

(Don't look at ME!)


4 comments:

ron hardy said...

I had mixed feelings about the fire going out. It felt good.

Kathleen said...

How about a big metal barrel trashcan in the back yard. And fingerless gloves.

Because I am scared of in-house fires.

Collagemama said...

Congratulations to the kids on their babysitting certificates. Sounds like a terrific idea.

ted tingley said...

The kids could practice on burnt fingers.