About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Chasing Ice

The Player and I went to see Chasing Ice at the Normal Theater last week.  It was an interesting documentary about a professional photographer who becomes obsessed by ice and the retreat of glaciers due to global warming.  Today's weather brought some ice to us here in Central Illinois as well.  Samarra wanted to play outside and every time I let her out she slid across the deck before she hit the frozen grass and could get her footing. 

Big sad puppy eyes finally got to me and I found a way to get out to the grass without falling on my kiester.  I threw a couple of her favorite toys around for her to chase, then I kicked the soccer ball she loves to play with. 

I felt like I had kicked a brick.  The derned thing was frozen through and through.  But watching her chase that slippery ball across the yard and not be able to stop it or get a grip on it with her teeth was worth the pain in my big toe. She had fun and I laughed and wished I had a video camera with me.

Sisi decided to make some special ice skates today...we call them Finger Figure Skates.
 
Slightly out of focus, sorry, but looks like the Zamboni needs to come and clean up the bread crumbs on the rink.
 
 
Skates are made from paper clips, masking tape and thread.  O My!
 

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Amazing Skates!

ted said...

Fun and skates, neato.

ron hardy said...

She also made a hockey stick and puck for what she called her dual purpose skates.

ron hardy said...

Sierra:
mom, why did you add, oh never mind!and there called"Finger Skates"
Hi!!!Sorry,He! He!

Collagemama said...

Love the skates; wonder about Finger 8s.