About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Tale of Epic Proportions

My mom called yesterday to ask if I am okay.  I said yes, I'm okay.  Why do you ask?

Note - usually she has seen that it's doing something scary on The Weather Channel in my area when she calls with this question.  So when she called and asked me that question I thought, Oh No, A Winter Storm is On The Way! 

But no.  The reason she called and asked is that I have not been blogging or on Facebook.

Note - I haven't been on Facebook much in the last year or so. 

I'm thinking of starting a new Social Media site called Bellybuttonbook.

But I digress.

The reason I've been absent from blogging is that I have been....ta da!...too busy at work!   Hey, wake up Gentle Readers.  I know!  It's a boring reason.  But it's true.

We are in the process of converting to a new computer system and I am one of the (get this) SuperUsers.  Which means I've been in classes about the new system, teaching coworkers the new system, helping with the implementation of the new system and finding problems and passing them along and answering phone calls about the new system and listening when my coworkers feel like crying because they can't figure out how to use the new system.

The new system is called Epic.

I like the new system and once the scheduling part of the program is working correctly (a big deal in Home Health Care, trust me) we will all be happy. 

This transition started back in October with classes.  We started using Epic on a limited basis 3 weeks ago, and by early March our transition should be complete.

Then maybe I will have a life again and feel like I have something interesting to blog about. 

Here are some interesting things I have done during the last few months...

1. um...
2. I went to The Normal Theater once or twice.
3. yeah...
4. Sisi started basketball in January and she is awesome (a WE so ME!)
5. worked on a couple mosaics...

You get the picture.  Yawn...

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Thanks for the Epic Update!

Collagemama said...

Or as we say at my library job, "IT [Information Tech] is working on it". Hoping your epic transition goes smoothly and painlessly. And then you will have time to reread the Odyssey and the Aeneid and consider belly button lint.

TNTINGLEY said...

Why didn't I get some of the tech brains my kids all seem to have? This is from your MOM just in case you were wondering. :)

ted said...

I love your blog, I love that you love your EPIC. I love they are keeping you busy and out of trouble. I love that you laove your basketball player. Did you change the oil in your car. Have another happy day.