About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, September 3, 2012

Now Where Was I?

I seem to have some difficulty attending to my blog these days.  I don't seem to roll out of bed bright and early as I once did, brew up some java, and start up the blogging machine.  I can attribute this desire to stay in bed longer to the warm body in the bed next to me and new curtains that keep more of the early morning light!  Thank you IKEA! (For the curtains, of course!)

The Player is in O-HI-O this holiday weekend visiting his kids, other family, and friends.  My kids decided that even though it's a holiday I should get up at the usual time.  Hmmm.  Well, here we are.  I am blogging and they are working on their homework.  Sisi has to write a 2-page essay on the topic of Respect.  Her entire class was given this assignment after some unfortunate occurences in the classroom on Thursday.  She maintains her innocence in the scandal (I think too much talking out loud was the problem) but is working diligently on her assignment.  I suspect there will be a sentence or two about not punishing the innocent in the essay.  When her teacher asked us to write something about what she should know about our child, I wrote "Sisi has a mind of her own."  I wrote much more of course, but that was the topic sentence of my paragraph. 

J-dude has some science homework which is to decorate his science folder with 10 drawings of "things related to science."  The point, of course, is to get the kids to realize that almost anything can be related to science.  For J-dude that translates into "I can draw pictures of every kind of sports equipment and be finished."  Oy.

I have been working on mosaics more and more.   AND I found, while surfing the net looking for mosaic ideas and materials...The Chicago Mosaic School!  They offer workshops and classes.  So one weekend soon I hope to trek north and actually learn from some more experienced mosaic makers! 

At NCC we are coming up on our 20th anniversary as a Community.  One of our hopes is to create a display of mosaics that everyone will participate in.  I'm pretty excited about that!  More to follow as the project gets underway.  We have a couple real artists who are willing to coordinate and teach and build.  It's gonna be amazing to work on this together!

1 comment:

Collagemama said...

The Chicago Mosaic School looks awesome!