About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Writing Is On The Wall

Many times as I've driven through downtown Bloomington I've wished I had my camera to photograph some of the old fading ads painted on the sides of brick buildings.  Yesterday I had my camera in my purse for some reason.  In fact, in the morning I found it there and thought to myself "Why the heck did I bring that today?"   I found myself driving through downtown Bloomington with a little extra time on my hands. 


 
Madison and Center Street
 
South Main, just before Oakland Avenue.  (Pianos packed and moved!  Wow!)
 
 
Barber shop at the corner of Front and Allin. 
 
 
Meanwhile, on the home Front:
 
 
J-dude gives new meaning to licking the pan.
 
 
 
Sisi rocks with her homemade bow, quiver (from duct tape!) and arrows.  But she still spells archery "Artchery."
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Zen and the Art of Artchery!

Wonderful photos, Kim!!

ron hardy said...

I wonder what general teaming means?

Collagemama said...

I'm wondering, too, Ron. Teams of horses, oxen, etc.? Yokes and harnesses?

Wait til Sierra discovers artchaeology.

Kim said...

A search of the internet for the term General Teaming led me to information about sports teams named The Generals, information about unions but nothing in particular about "general teaming." A mystery is birthed!

ron hardy said...

Teaming refers to a team of horses used to haul household goods, pianos etc. An article with similar photos appeared in the Pantagraph in 2010. They referred to a dray line which is a cart without sides for hauling.