About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

No Cohesive Theme to This Blog. Does that stop me? No.

This little fellow was on my deck the other morning digging through pots of soil.  I don't know if he was burying nuts and seeds for the winter, looking for more stuff to hide away, or getting ready to try out for the backyard whiffle ball tournament:

 
By the time I got my camera out he was out in left field warming up.
***********
I've been mosaic-ing again.  The last couple of projects have taken me a while.  Here is one that's  hanging on the wall above The Player's desk:
 
 


My favorite part of this piece was breaking plates and cups to create the background of the Peace Sign.  Irony is better than ironing any day!

Here's my latest effort, still need to figure out what to do with the outer edges and then it will need grouting.  I think it will live outdoors in the garden area.  It's a tree, not a scorpion.  In case you were worried.


Any suggestions on what to do with the outside sections are more than welcome.

5 comments:

Collagemama said...

I think it would look quite lovely with a weathered wood frame, something deckish...

Kim said...

CM - thank you, I hadn't thought of that!

Kim said...

CM - thank you, I hadn't thought of that!

ron hardy said...

I like the texture/color on which you created this. Maybe a glaze on the tile?

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous!! Also, I love irony/ironing in here and the general lack of cohesiveness and plentiful amount of grout.