About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Who Loves Ya?

Here is who loves the weather lately:  The Hibiscus Sisters (sextuplets?) !



Since we got lots and lots of inches of beautiful rain followed steamy tropical temperatures my hibiscus has gone wild.  I love those red wild flowers, even if I don't much enjoy being outside in the steam bath with them.

Here is my latest mosaic project, ready for grouting tomorrow.

 
 The picture frame will hold Sisi's school picture when it arrives as she is wearing a royal blue t-shirt in her photo.  I have long since given up on hoping she will do her hair up and wear a nice shirt for picture day.  This year it was a Parks and Rec Grade School Basketball t-shirt that is about 2 sizes too small, a blue bandana over her hair, and a blue sweatshirt that I believe she draped around her shoulders.  She is definitely Her Own Girl.

2 comments:

Collagemama said...

You might enjoy reading "The Apothecary" by Maile Meloy with your Own Girl and JJ. It's a new chapter book in the kids' room at my library. No sports, but spies and spells.

Kathleen said...

Double gorgeous!