About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Off to the Windy City

The Player and I are heading to Chicago on the train tomorrow, for a couple days of R&R.  We have some tickets (train tickets and baseball game tickets), a hotel reservation, and some general plans.

The plans include

1.  The Green Mill on Monday night to see Patricia Barber tinkle the ivories,

2.  Bookstores galore.

3.  Good cheap seats for the Cubs game Tuesday night, thanks to a losing season!

4.  Did I mention bookstores? 

5.  A visit to the Chicago Mosaic School and their store called "Tiny Pieces."  I expect I might feel I've passed through the pearly gates when I walk in their door.

6.  Good cheap ethnic food, preferably near a bookstore.

See you later this week!















3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Have so much fun!!

Collagemama said...

Sounds excellent!

Ted said...


Chicago. What a wonderful town.