About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, August 24, 2012

What I Did After My Summer Vacation

On my summer vacation I went to Michigan.  Wait, you already know that.  When I got back:

1.  I took the kids to the dentist to have their 6-year molars sealed.  Supposedly this financial investment will protect them from cavities, drilling, fillings and pain.  And protect me from spending even more money for their dental health in the future. 

2.   I took the kids shopping for school supplies.  Supposedly this financial investment will further their education.  And protect me from supporting them when they are adults, WAY in the future.

3.  I went back to work.  Supposedly this allows me to make these financial investments.  Today is payday so I guess the proof is in the pudding, er bank account, today.

4.  The kids started school.  Half day Wednesday and full days Thursday and Friday.  J-dude began Middle School.  He walks home, via the Elementary School and accompanies Sisi home.  This allows me to work a little later.  See numbers 3, 2,  and 1.

5.  I made a mosaic on a picture frame.  It's very colorful.  Now I cannot figure out what kind of photo could possibly look good inside it.  I might have to turn it into a mirror.

 
 
I do like this one quite a bit.  Pieces of stained glass for the tiles and white grout. 
 
6.  I continued reading Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell.  It's the book for our book group's September meeting.  It's awesome.  I am enthralled with this book.  I'm just a little over halfway through the book.  We found a copy for purchase in Michigan at Reader's World bookstore in Holland.  That is one wonderful little book store.  If you head to Holland or thereabouts, check it out. 
 
This book was a finalist for the Man Booker Prize in 2004 or 2005.  All I can say is, I would like to read the winning book that year.  It must be sumthin'!
 
 
 


4 comments:

Collagemama said...

Hmmm. Did you happen to hear the origin of "the proof is in the pudding" on NPR this morning? It sure wasn't what I thought.

http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=159975466&m=159975455

Collagemama said...

Also, I think your frame is lovely and summery. It is calling for a close-up photo of the four of you by a lake in Michigan. And, the security word is dingFac. I think it will be very useful!

Kathleen said...

I love the frame, too! And the book! In a way, the book is a mosaic!

I think my verification word is "bloondi." But I can't read my verification number.

So you can't read this. Sigh...

SarahJane said...

I loved Cloud Atlas, too. I'm reading another of his books now, which is good, but not as good. I'm sure you know they're making Cloud Atlas into a movie!