About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Invitation!

A delightful thing happened today when I called my friend Kathleen to tell her I was cruising thrift stores looking for picture frames, hats, and scarves: she invited me to her house for hummus, bread and wine. I said, "Of course," and 2 picture frames, 1 hat, 2 scarves and $5.08 later I was at Kathleen's looking for a corkscrew. I could not find a corkscrew but I did find a drawer in the kitchen that seemed to contain about 7,000 can openers. Eventually the corkscrew was found, the wine was opened, the communing began. Bread, wine, friendship and laughter. OH yes and hummus.

And lots and lots of can openers.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I believe there were pine nuts. I grew a few!

Kim said...

People have been wondering when that would happen.