About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, February 26, 2010

Does Size Matter?

The Guiness Book of World Records gave the award for the world's largest serving of hummus to a village in Israel. They created a nearly 9000 pound dish of hummus in a satelitte dish 20 feet across. Now that's a party I'd like to have attended!

I don't think size matters too much except for certain outliers. I wouldn't like to receive a serving of hummus that was so small I couldn't see it. I've never seen a serving of hummus that I would say was "too big." I think I could always find a fellow hummus-lover to share any leftovers. If I were at the party in Israel and we had left overs, I might have suggested we advance the cause of peace (peas) by sharing the extra with folks living in Gaza.

Sharing our abundance, or even sharing our "just enough" goes a long way in this world. I remember once in Ecuador being at a big festival and running into my brother-in-law and his family of 4. They had packed a picnic for their family, but when they saw us they invited us to eat with them saying "where 4 eat, so can 6."

So share some hummus or something else you love with someone you love today!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I have some hummus left over from the earlier hummus wingding. You are welcome to come back!

I am yearning now for a satellite dish of hummus.

Music in the background: "We are the world..."

In keeping with the olive branch theme of peas, I have been contemplating chopping green olives into tiny pieces and mixing them with leftover hummus. But I don't have any green olives.

And after you come over, I won't have any leftover hummus.

Road trip!