About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chickpeas or Garbanzos?

Which name do you use? Which name do you prefer? Did you know there are many colors of garbanzo beans available? Did you know that hummus is REALLY REALLY nutritious? I have a guilt-free addiction after all!

My favorite hummus is Sabra brand, made with pine nuts. Oh yum, yes. My favorite way to eat this particular hummus is on garlic-herb crackers of any brand. Right now I have Toppers garlic-herb crackers in the cupboard but no hummus in the fridge. Excuse me while I go to put that on my grocery list.

Back again. I have been too sick to eat for 2 days, now beginning to eat little by little. I'm not sure my GI tract is ready for hummus but I want to be sure it is in the fridge when it IS ready. I think that is a sign of a true addiction, is it not? Help me out here, I'm new to both addictions and blogs.

I had planned to do a politically incorrect spoof on 12-step programs in this blog. I truly think 12-step programs are fantastic and I know they work, so I had hoped my spoof would honor them in some twisted way. But I'm not sure if I'm clever and kind enough to pull it off. So I will let this brew at bit and possibly tomorrow have some resolution.

Keep coming back (to my blog)...it works!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Garlic is very good for us, vampires aside.

I remember my own "Aha!" moment upon realizing that garbanzos and chickpeas were the same thing.

I think your blog is an excellent example of garbanzo journalism.

Kim said...

What is garbanzo journalism? And who said anything about garlic? Aha.

Kim said...

Oh, I see...the crackers. Duh.

Kathleen said...

I am a bit overly excited by the picture of hummus. OK, I am actually drooling.

Garbanzo journalism is similar to gonzo journalism, but you don't die of it.

Hunter Thompson invented and died of gonzo journalism.