About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, February 22, 2010

HA

I am a blog-challenged adult, advised by my friend the poet Kathleen to create a blog. So here it is. I love hummus. I eat it every day that I am not ill. Today I am not eating hummus. Hummus Anonymous was my idea back on a day when I thought maybe I should not eat so much hummus. Then I figured, what the heck, it's not like I'm eating and driving. I usually eat at home alone, sometimes I have olives with the hummus, crackers or pita bread of course. A little red wine. Is this the mediterranean diet? Or am I just eating hummus to compensate for my lack of a blog? Time will tell.



I must give credit where credit is due. My friend Aniko fed me hummus last year and my love-affair with smashed garbanzos began. When I told her that I might need to begin an organization to help me and other hummus addicts, and that I would call it Hummus Anonymous, she said "HA." "What, you don't think I will do this?" I asked. "No, no, H.A. is the acronym for your organization," she answered.



So if you are reading this blog and someone you care about needs help, send them the link to this blog. And then visit HumAnon if you really care.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I really care and hope soon to be addicted to hummus myself. I am understanding that it will go well with my subterranean diet of red wine and earthworms in pita. PETA needn't fear! I only use half of each earthworm, so it can grow another half if it wants to.

I thought this comment might somehow help your upset stomach.