About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Meet Mister Mortis

Saturday morning J-dude and I played some board games before breakfast.  We played Yahtzee (his favorite) and then we got out the Taboo game and had some fun just guessing the words from the cards.

 
 
 
You may recall that in Taboo you try to get your team to guess one word by giving clues but without using any of the 5 "taboo" words on the same card.  For example:
 
 
 
I was standing at the stove stirring oatmeal while Jeremiah gave me clues.  Then he picked a card and looked at it a long time before he asked me, "Mom, WHO is Rigor Mortis?"
 
********************
 
 
Here is the pie I made for our veterinarian who has been kidding me about making him a Jelly Bean Pie for a couple years.  Don't worry, Dad, it's got pudding inside, not rhubarb!
 
****************************************
Saturday afternoon The Player and I went for a walk at Parklands. 
 
 
 Trees turning along the Mackinaw, lots of serenading birds, and this wonderful pooch who accompanied us along the way with 2 sticks in his mouth most of the time:
 
 
He was a sweetheart.  Don't know his name, but I don't think it was Rigor.
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

ted said...

Me saying I have rigor mortis is like Mom telling someone in a telephone conversation that ahe had an autopsy.

Kathleen said...

I am laughing in delight with you both, Kim and Ted, at words, dogs, kids, leaves, and jelly bean pie!

ron hardy said...

Hello, this is Viggo Mortensen, actor and star of Lord of the Rings. I resent these mispronunciations and jokes about my name. This has hounded me all my life and I am sick of it. Your son is right. I am a person, not a joke.

Collagemama said...

Ruing the missed opportunities for sibling torment. My brother's name is Roger, so we called him "Regor". I'm seeing Sr. Rigor Mortis with a pencil thin waxed mustachio, and maybe a bandito mask....

But what if Rigor Mortis is the famous opera tenor?

Or maybe a reincarnation of Louis Rukeyser...