About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, August 19, 2012

HBTTP

happy birthday to the player!

He knows I'm cooking salmon for his birthday but he doesn't know there is a carrot cake with 6 candles in the kitchen.  I won't reveal his age except to say it has at least one six in it.

We returned from our vacation to Michigan this afternoon.  Holland, Michigan for the 3rd year in a row.   This is the first year we've had the luxury of a house instead of a hotel room, and we are hoping to get a house on Lake Michigan next year.  

The kids are spending a few hours with their dad, and the adults are relaxing at home.  The car is unpacked and there is no urgency to the pile of laundry.  A bottle of wine is open in the kitchen.  I arrived home in time to watch 2 innings of the Cubs game today, in which they lost in the bottom on the ninth on 2 pitches by a rookie pitcher.  Oy!  Definitely back home to reality.

It looks like we had significant rain while we were gone, as when we left our grass was brown but upon return it is much more green.  Yahoo!

I am going down to the kitchen now and make noises as if I had made that cake.  HA! 

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I won't tell! And I didn't know till now. But there was also a bottle of wine open in my kitchen. I got to hug the birthday Player. And say goodbye to Boo.

Collagemama said...

Your vacation sounds wonderful!